2 Insight helps organisations realise the opportunities and benefits of Digital and Internet of Things (IoT) technology. We provide independent advice and education to enable you to select the right solution and technology for your business need.
- How can the use of technology impact my business?
- Is there a business case?
- What are the options and how do I select the right technology/solution for my business need
With the large number of different IoT wireless networks1, technologies, protocols and application platforms available, it essential to seek independent advice to ensure that you do not waste time and money adopting a solution/technology that:
– is not fit for purpose
– does not scale
– is not maintainable in the field2
– is insecure3 with no means of upgrading
– where the key vendors do not have a viable business model and therefore go out of business
Internet of Things
The ‘Internet of Things’ (IoT) is the network of physical objects or “things” embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and connectivity to enable objects to exchange data with the manufacturer, operator and/or other connected devices. The network of ‘things’ enables/creates opportunities for more direct integration between the physical world and computer-based systems.
The IoT ecosystem is very complex with many different components, technologies and companies involved in delivering an end to end solution. This complexity is illustrated in the following diagram:
Cybersecurity Conference | Secure IoT 2019 | 7th November
2 Insight is running the 3rd Annual Internet of Things Cybersecurity Conference, Secure IoT 2019.
Secure IoT 2019 will be held at the Green Park Conference Centre, 100 Longwater Avenue, Green Park, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 6GP, on Thursday, 7th November
The risk and damage to an organisation or individual in terms of reputation, costs, health & safety due to poor security practice can be considerable.
The objective of the conference is for attendees to:
- Learn about he potential risks and vulnerabilities associated with IoT systems and connected devices
- Gain an understanding of IoT security best practice and guidelines
- Hear from leading experts and organisations providing guidance and best practice
- Meet companies offering security products, solutions and services
To book tickets: