2 Insight helps organisations realise the opportunities and benefits of Digital and Internet of Things (IoT) technology. We provide independent advice and education to enable you to select the right solution and technology for your business need.
- How can the use of technology impact my business?
- Is there a business case?
- What are the options and how do I select the right technology/solution for my business need
With the large number of different IoT wireless networks1, technologies, protocols and application platforms available, it essential to seek independent advice to ensure that you do not waste time and money adopting a solution/technology that:
– is not fit for purpose
– does not scale
– is not maintainable in the field2
– is insecure3 with no means of upgrading
– where the key vendors do not have a viable business model and therefore go out of business
Internet of Things
The ‘Internet of Things’ (IoT) is the network of physical objects or “things” embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and connectivity to enable objects to exchange data with the manufacturer, operator and/or other connected devices. The network of ‘things’ enables/creates opportunities for more direct integration between the physical world and computer-based systems.
The IoT ecosystem is very complex with many different components, technologies and companies involved in delivering an end to end solution. This complexity is illustrated in the following diagram:
Cybersecurity Conference | Secure IoT 2020
2 Insight is running the 4th Annual Internet of Things Cybersecurity Conference
Planning for SecureIoT 2020 is in progress. If you are interested in attending and would like to learn more/receive updates please sign-up to the Newsletter here:
If you are
Developing a new IoT product or service
Looking to purchase a product or solution
Involved with project which involves connected devices, sensors and networks
Understand the risks and cyber security implications
We are seeing an ever-increasing number and sophistication of cyber-attacks on systems and infrastructure
Attacks are being instigated by criminals; states; hactivists and malicious insiders
The risk and damage to an organisation or individual can be considerable
The objective of the conference is for attendees to:
- Learn about the potential risks and vulnerabilities associated with IoT systems and connected devices
- Gain from the lessons learned in real life experiences/war stories
- Hear from leading experts and organisations and gain an understanding of IoT security best practice
- Learn about the current and future state of standards and regulation
- Understand what you need to specify and look for when procuring IoT products and services
- Meet companies offering security products, solutions and services
For more information visit: